Monday, September 28, 2009

First Post

First Post
Well hello. I'm Rick. I am an American. I love to say that because it means something to me. Pride, a sense of brotherhood and security in knowing I have the best military in the world protecting me and my family while we enjoy the freedoms afforded us, that's what being American means. Sounds corny right? Well maybe it is, maybe the apple pie and mom has gone out of America or is lost on the newer generations but, to me it's what I was raised on and what I want for my kids.

I am 36, married to a wonderful woman, have two of the most gorgeous kids you will ever see, daughter is 5 and son is 3. I'm a simple man, a school custodian. Not the best job in the world but, not the worst. In my youth I was a working musician, sign to a dinky record label and had dreams of the big time. Never happened but was allot of fun. Traveling around, playing thrash metal, allot of drinking and joking with friends, good times in my 20's! Now a days I sit and play the ol' acoustic on the porch, play the kids songs they like, they like the Beatles and Stevie Ray Vaughn mostly. Not a bad life even if we ain't rich, and don't live in a Malibu mansion, we have each other and a roof over our heads, everything else is secondary if ya ask me.

So what does all this have to do with America and the second revolution as the title suggest?Well, everything. Americans are fed up with our freedoms and our way of life being pissed on by a bunch of liberal nut jobs hell bent on destroying what America was, the greatest nation on the planet. I used to update my Face book once a day or so and would put a small rant on my wall about America, the people on my friends list would laugh, or make comments like, " You should have your own blog" and " I'm sure the goverment wouldn't like what your saying". That in a nutshell is the problem. Fear of our own Govt.? Why should any of us fear what we control? The govt. is run by us, " We the People ". I don't fear any govt. reprisal for anything I say, I have the RIGHT to say it. The 1st. Amendment says I have the right. I don't like Obama, I didn't vote for the bastard and I hate everything he has to say.....Are the storm troopers coming through the door for me saying that? No. You don't have to be afraid to speak your mind.

Revolutions are not always firefights in the streets. Many a revolution has been fought with only words, nothing more than out spoken people who want to right the wrongs of a dictator or tyrant. Simple words are more powerful than any bullet or missile ever could be. Words ended the communist reign in the Soviet Union, Reagan said, " Tear Down that Wall ", without a shot fire the cold war ended. A united Germany was realized with only 4 words. Three words have kept this nation free, kept us strong for well over 200 years, WE THE PEOPLE.

The second revolution has begun, take a look around, the town halls are explosive, the 9/12 project was a HUGE success with almost 2 million, that's MILLION Americans who traveled to D.C. to say, " We have had enough!". Spending is out of control, unemployment is rising daily, we are in debt up to our asses and only getting deeper. My, our great great grandchildren will be paying off these debt's if we don't stop it now. The Porkulous, Cap & Trade, Tire tariffs etc etc etc it goes on and on how we are sinking. Stand up and say we have had enough! Don't be afraid, speak your mind, your congress people work FOR you. Let them know that come 2010 you will speak your mind at the polls and the gravy train will run right off the tracks if they don't start working for the people and stop lining their pockets with your blood & sweat.

As I close my first post, think about what America is to you. Think about what you want for your kids, grand kids and future generations. Do you want Freedom & Liberty to be out dated concepts taught in a history class, or do you want Freedom & Liberty to be something for the future generations to experience and love as we have? It's up to all of us to decide and act.

Go out and love America, If your at an event and the National Anthem is played, sing your ass off! Find a military vet or current service person and tell them thank you for guarding our sweet liberty!

Good Day and God Bless America

No comments:

Post a Comment